Plusdrive will take immediate action to stop and further prevent copyright infringement upon acquiring knowledge of a copyright violation. Plusdrive will not tolerate copyright infringement. Accounts involved in copyright violations may be terminated and no refund will be issued for the remaining plan duration.
If you are the copyright owner of content which appears via a users Plusdrive account, and you did not authorise the use of the content you must notify Plusdrive in writing in order for us to identify the allegedly infringing content and take action.
Your written notice must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or authorised person acting on behalf of the owner which expressly claims an executive right that is allegedly being infringed.
- Specific identification of the copyrighted work which you are alleging to have been infringed. If you are alleging infringement of multiple copyrighted works with a single notification you must submit a representative list which specifically identifies each of the works that you allege are being infringed.
- Specific identification of the location and description of material that is claimed to be infringing or to be subject of infringing activity with enough detailed information to permit Plusdrive to locate the material. You should include the specific URL or URLs of the share locations where the allegedly infringing material is located.
- Information reasonably sufficient to allow Plusdrive to contact the complaining party which may include a name, address, telephone number and electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury that the complaining party is authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please also note that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents information in the take-down notification may be subjected to liability, including compensatory damages for all parties harmed by reliance on the misrepresentation.
Allow up to 5 business days to respond to your notice and take necessary actions. To ensure proper consideration of your notice, please make sure that you provide all the information outlined in the notification requirements above.
Plusdrive respects the legitimate interests of copyright owners as well as users. Users are afforded an opportunity to respond to claims of infringement and to obtaining timely restoration of removed material or the user’s access to the website in case of sufficient proof of legitimate use of the removed material.
Users may respond to a copyright infringement claim by submitting a counter-notification. The counter-notification must contain the following information:
- A statement that access to the user’s account or file was disabled due to operation of a notice and takedown procedure.
- Information sufficient to identify the material that has been removed, including the account identification information and the URL address where the material could be located prior to removal.
- A statement under a statutory declaration that the user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification.
- The users name and contact information, including address and telephone number.
- A statement that the user consents to the jurisdiction of the English Courts, and that the user will accept service of summons from the person who provided the take-down notification.
- The user’s electronic or physical signature.
Counter-notification should be submitted to Plusdrive at the email addresses provided in the section above. Plusdrive will respond to a valid counter-notification in no less than 5 and no more than 14 business days.